Re: First multitrack project: midi tracks and plugins

On 05/08/2015 08:02 PM, Ivan K wrote:
I have a 5 minute four channel midi file that
I essentially want to orchestrate and add
a spoken audio track to, and perhaps add a few other
audio tracks.

I first began experimenting on this file with qtractor.

One thing I would like to do is to switch plugins on
the same midi track.  That is, say one particular midi
track is first synthesized with plugin x,
and then the  next region of the same track
is synthesized with plugin y, etc.

After working with the qtractor and searching the
web, I am pretty sure that qtractor cannot do this.

yes it can: just automate the activate (on/off) state of the (presumed MIDI instrument) plugin on the track in question.

cheers
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela