Re: Jack ports

On Fri, 8 May 2015, Paul Davis wrote:
On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      > I seem to recall someone saying there is a limit to the number of
      ports jack
      > can handle. What is the limit?
In all cases, the -p argument given to the server will specify the number of
ports. In Jack1 it defaults to 256 but can be increased arbitrarily. In Jack2, I
don't know the default, but I do know that the upper limit is fixed at build
time. In most cases it will be 2048.

On my system with jack2, the man page says default to 256, but jack_control ep gives 2048 as the default of jackdbus. I think the man page is wrong as jackd and jackdbus are compiled from the same config.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net