Re: Alsa setup question

Am 28.04.2015 um 21:31 schrieb Christopher Arndt:
Am 28.04.2015 um 20:55 schrieb Chris Caudle:
[...], and if I start jack then pulse
connects to jack instead of directly to the ALSA interface.
A way to that, which has been working very well on my system for the
past few years is described here in the Arch wiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Examples#The_new_way

(I have decreased the sleep time in the 'pulse-jack-pre-stop.sh' script
to 1 second, and it still works).

The only problem is that often Pulse clients, which are already running
when Jack starts and the Pulse redirection happens (e.g. video players
in the browser or similar), still output to the Pulse sink of the audio
interface (and are therefor silent). I then have to use pavucontrol or a
similar tool to switch their output to the Pule jack sink.

Chris

I use as well a script to handle pulse and jack. As well I notice the un-clean behave of the pulse-sink when switched while a client is running. I noticed that switch the module-jack-source twice with a timeout between, makes it work stable. As well I save my used Default sink before switch to jack, and reuse it when I switch jack of. This works for me absolute stable. Additional option in the script is, to suspend pulse if you would run a session without pulse enabled.
Introduction to the script is here:

  http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13234

the script is here:
https://github.com/brummer10/pajackconnect/blob/master/pajackconnect