Re: News - New interfaces Motu (AVB linux status ?) - Arturia Audiofuse - Anyone tested those ?

On Mon, 6 Apr 2015, OvO OvO wrote:

Motu as lauched a new audio interface.
http://www.motu.com/products/avb/ultralite-avb
The specs tells that it's «USB 2.0 audio class compliant»
And what surprise me (i was dreaming of this since for ever) the mixing software
is inside the hardware accessible from a web browser ! No more windows/mac app
mandatory ! (i hope)

I think this has to do with making it work with AVB.

« WEB APP Support : Any web client platform: Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android»
Linux written on a motu web page specs product... i should be dreaming....
The specs talks also of AVB. Someone knows the status of this under linux kernel
?

From the look of things this could be used as an AVB IF in Linux. One
could choose from any input/output on the avb network to populate the 18 i/o lines in the USB link.

I think it would take a pretty careful build hardware wise in a Linux pc to send receive AVB on the network card... maybe a NIC with a built in PTP server (and media clock). Might be able to fake it without a special NIC at some of the higher latencies (1ms or more).

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net