Re: Problems with sample rate and recordings (Mackie onyx 1640-i < Firewire > Debian )

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015, David Santamauro wrote:

If pulseaudio is involved, check these settings in /etc/daemon.conf

default-sample-rate
alternate-sample-rate

The default settings, I believe were 44100 and 48000 respectively and this caused certain applications (skype, in particular) to have their signals downsampled from 48k -> 44k. Was an interesting affect during skype conversations but ultimately got annoying so I changed both settings above to the same value (48000) and all is well.

Both of mine are set to 48k as well... Pulse complains at startup that alternate is the same as default :) It doesn't really matter in my setup as pulse never has direct control of any audio interface, jack sets the sample rate, I have not noticed skype oddness.

For the OP, do you run the CPU in performance mode? Or is it ondemand? I would not think the CPU frequency would have anything to do with the sample frequency unless something was broken.... but running in performance mode is more stable anyway.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net