Re: Simplest USB MIDI --> wireless --> JACK ?

A USB cable is not the best solution to my problem.  I have exactly one appropriate USB port on my keyboard, and I don't want to wear it out -- I have seen far too many USB-A and USB-B ports and cables wear out over the last five years for comfort.

​Would you consider connecting a USB hub to the device in a semi-permanent manner? Would solve the decaying port problem. I don't think at hub would add any noticeable latency?​
It would help only if the following architecture is valid:

[Synth PC][USB A] ----> [USB B][USB hub #1][USB A] --> long cable --> [USB B][USB hub #2][USB A] --> [USB B][Keyboard with USB MIDI out]

This is because I need to preserve the single (non-host) USB port on the keyboard, and the (host) ports on the PC too.

According to the original USB design specs I vaguely remember, the above is supposed to work, but I have never seen it tested, especially with MIDI; anyone know?

Of course, I could just use male-to-female extenders instead of hubs.  I will probably do this in the short term, until I have better :-)

--
Jonathan E. Brickman | jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | (785)233-9977
Ponderworthy | http://ponderworthy.com