[linux-audio-user] Best distro for Audio??

I need to stretch my wings a little and try something outside of
Mandrake 10.0...

Can I get some basic pros and cons of the different distro's you're
using? And especially from previous Mandrake users.

Been thinking about CCRMA because I'm used to packages but I would build
more stuff if it wasn't such a struggle every time I do it. Sometimes I
just need to install stuff and have it work and not spend 20 hours
sifting through Google hits, how to's, etc. I enjoy the learning and
Linux; I just don't have a lot of spare time.

Thanks
R~