[linux-audio-user] my live CD dilemma

Greetings:

  Last night I tried running the latest Dynebolic and AGNULA live discs
from my laptop and from Ivy's desktop machine. Both failed due to
different reasons. The desktop machine's CD-ROM drive is old, and I kept
getting looped in a 'bad read' error. The laptop is not so stable these
days, but both distros failed at the same point: they recognize the A/V
chipset (a NeoMagic NM256 piece o' crap) and stall there. I'll have the
laptop with me in Karlsruhe, maybe one of the gurus can help me with it
then ?

Best regards,

dp