[linux-audio-user] activate second midi card

Hi again

Sorry to be bothering you so much since the information probably lies out
there somewhere, but when I come to alsa-project.org and simular, I just get
lost in all the tech-talk. (Quite annoying for someone with a phd to feel
that lost... )

Anyway': Since the staudio c-port's midi in wont work (unless the patch on
http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/file/sound/pci/ice1712.c makes it work, but I
couldn't find anything there to tell me how to a)check if I allready had tha
patch, b)what it does, or c) how to apply it - being an old wintel gui slave
is not satisfacotry...) I decided to activate the soundcard on my Asus P4T-E
card. the soundcard is found by my mandrake 9.2 installation, but the midi
port doesn't come up when I type 'aconnet -io'.

Could aome kind soul be so kind as to show me how to find out if the midi in
works and how to activate it?

Your most humble fan!
Ketil