[linux-audio-user] Re: (semi)professional "field" recording work, what to use?

Wilbert Berendsen <wilbert@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> 1. Minidisc recording.
>
> consumer minidisc recorders are very compact which is good. But they
> almost never have a digital out.  Some have USB, but will not function as
> an USB-Audio device under Linux

Is it possible to transfer recordings from such a MD to the computer through
USB?  Is it possible under Linux, or only with proprietary software that
comes with the MD recorder?

BTW: I have found quite a few people that think the Sony MZ-R909 has better
recording quality than most others. You can get them cheap at the moment,
probably because it does *not* have USB yet.  Maybe worth considering?

Robert Epprecht