[linux-audio-user] gmorgan-0.02

--cHMo6Wbp1wrKhbfi

Daniel James wrote
> > We are a small company, but we support one of the largest package
> > repositories in the world
>
> Good for you! Is ALT based on Red Hat? Which languages do you support
> other than Russian?

ALT Linux is based on ALT Linux :-)

We still have installer and drakxtools from Mandrake, but we are
dropping them currently by writing our own installer and configurator.
We use dpkg and APT for RPM for packages management.

We officially support Ukrainian and Belorussian, but both German and
French are known to work in our distributions.

If you mean on what languages we can communicate to our users, then the
most used is English (we have a mailing list for our English speaking
users), but we have people in our team who can speak e.g. German (like me)
and French (another guy).

Our outside-of-Rissia user base might grow after release of ALT Linux
Multimedia --- a project to be officially announced a bit later.

> > "to be small is good" (C) somebody :-)
>
> That'll be E.F. Schumacher and his book Small Is Beautiful:  Economics
> as if People Mattered:
>
> http://www.smallisbeautiful.org/

Great! Thank you for this link!

--