[linux-audio-user] Best list for Linux MIDI questions?

On Friday 28 February 2003 00:58, Ivica Bukvic wrote:
> OTOH, lately I've been messing with OSC and found out that it is much
> more flexible. I think at least twp commercial apps support it as well,
> one of them being Max (+ over a dozen oss apps, such as pd,
> supercollider, etc.). See here for more info:
>
> http://cnmat.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OSC/
> So, this may be a path to pursue if one wants to attain greater
> flexibility.
>
> Hope this helps at least a bit.
>
> Ico

That sounds really promising for soft-synths, but for commercial hardware
synths I'm not sure - the semantics seem to open-ended, and the spec says
nothing about the hardware transport. Does anyone know if OSC has any
industry support behind it yet?

Larry