[linux-audio-user] some notes regarding sync (JACK, MTC) under Linux

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 01:43:37PM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> James Stone wrote:
>
> >You can sync Muse to Ardour via virmidi sending MMC from Muse. Very
> >limited but okay for start/stop recording.. Muse is master in this
> >setup.
> >

> Hi James:
>
>  Hmm, that didn't work with those components in the latest PlanetCCRMA.
>
>  If I set up Ardour (with virmidi) to send MTC/MMC and MusE to receive
> it, MusE's red cursor will reposition itself to Ardour's playhead
> position. For example, Ardour's Go To Start/End Of Session buttons will
> relocate MusE's cursor along with its own. However, when I click on
> Ardour's Start button MusE does not respond. I've tried about every
> combination of settings in MusE's MIDI Sync dialog, and I'm wondering if
> anyone else has worked with this combination.
>
> Best,
>
> == dp

No I can never get Ardour to control Muse.. it works the other way
around for me. You need to set a virmidi channel as an output on Muse,
set Muse to master and make sure that Ardour is listening on MMC on the
same virmidi channel.

James