[linux-audio-user] Gstreamer-Properties and ALSA/JACK

--=-jLKuHgUgEGynohd1/AFG

Hi folks,
Im an audio newbies running gentoo-1.4
Im using the alsa drivers for my SBLive5.1 card and when I run
gstreamer-properties (version gstreamer-0.6.1-r1) the only setting that
will produce sound output is OSS ..its kind of irritating to know that
all of my gnome apps that use gstreamer are feeding the sound to OSS
instead of alsa or jack both of which are in the menulist of options for
gstreamer-properties.

So basically I was wondering if I am suppost to do something special to
make gstreamer work with AlSA or JACK.. obviousely there must be some
sort of gotcha somewhere that Im not aware of.

Thanks. Any {help|info|guidance} would be greatly appreciated.

=20
--=20
Alex Combas <ghetto_samurai@xxxxxxx>
This message is digitally signed.