Re: how to get AMD CPU identification information?

On 10 March 2010 00:36, Nicholas Mc Guire <der.herr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2010, Bai Shuwei wrote:
>
>> Hi, ALL:
>>    On the Intel platform, we can use the CPUID instruction to get the
>> processor serial number which is the identification for the CPU. But
>> on the AMD platform, i find only can get the cpu family,model,
>> stepping. I think those information cannot identify one processor. So
>> how i can get the identification information for AMD processor, or how
>> i distinguish every AMD processor?
>>

> you can get the values from the "CPUID Specifications April 2008"
> http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/25481.pdf - basically you should be able to get all the infos you need to identify
> the specifics of a processor (AMD or Intel).

By the CPUID on the AMD system, i can get the CPU family, model,
stepping identify, and other feature identifies. I don't think those
information can not indicate an unique CPU?

--
Love other people, as same as love yourself!
Don't think all the time, do it by your hands!

E-Mail: baishuwei@xxxxxxxxx