Re: Passing parameters to assembler functions in 'C' 64 style.

You need the AMD64 Application Binary Interface (v0.99) available at

http://www.x86-64.org/documentation.html

In particular, see Figure 3.4 on page 21.

Pay attention to the use of rax. The default for floating point in
x88-64 is the SSE unit. If a function will accept floating point
arguments (for example, printf) the number of floating point arguments
must be placed in eax. Write a C program that calls printf and use the
-S option to see the assembly language.

A good way to see what the compiler is doing to C code is to use the
following options:
$ gcc -O0 -g -Wa,-adhls -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables \
> myProg.c > myProg.lst

(I added the "\" here to avoid confusing word wrapping.)

Bob