how to return a pointer to pointer

Hi list!

I'm wondering how do you guys use to do when you need
to return a pointer to a pointer from within a
function?

if I use local storage it get's swept out during
function's return.

I've though on pushing $0 onto the stack after or
before such a function's arguments, so I could either
store on it during this function's execution and then
moving it to eax at it's end so it will be visible

Any hints or comments?

Thanks.