SIMD question

Hello everybody!

I have quite big commercial software and the producer tells me that they did heavy SIMD optimisations to get maximum speed in solving a given problem. Of course i don't have the source code but the soft runs in GNU/Linux enviroment (x86 architecture).

I did some experiments on smaller problems and i suspect that this procuder's SIMD optimisations is a one big lie - the code can run much faster. There are some SIMD instructions when i disassemble this ~250-meg binaries but analysing it is a quite frustrating job.

My question is: is there a way (without touching the kernel as yet) to trace in a given period of time the CPU so that i will be noticed when SIMD instructions are being executed? Or maybe setting debugging traps in all SIMD occuring places is the only way?

PS Thanks to Konstantin we have new asmutils :) Feel free, you - the reader of this message, to improve my parts of code which were written many many days ago so even beautifullization is warmly welcome ;)

Best regards,
Maciek
-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-assembly" in

[Index of Archives]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux C Programming]     [Linux for Hams]     [DCCP]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]