Re: [regression] mhi: ath11k resume fails on some devices

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 03:33:05PM +0530, Manivannan Sadhasivam wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 03:12:01PM +0300, Kalle Valo wrote:
> > Kalle Valo <kvalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >
> > > (adding the new mhi list, yay)
> > >
> > > Hi Loic,

> > > Sorry for taking so long, but I now tested your patch on top of
> > > v5.15-rc3 and, as expected, everything works as before with QCA6390 on
> > > NUC x86 testbox.
> > >
> > > Tested-by: Kalle Valo <kvalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > I doubt we will find enough time to fully debug this mhi issue anytime
> > soon. Can we commit Loic's patch so that this regression is resolved?
> >

> Sorry no :( Eventhough Loic's patch is working, I want to understand the
> issue properly so that we could add a proper fix or patch the firmware
> if possible.
>
> Let's try to get the debug logs as I requested.

I'm able to reproduce the issue on my NUC. I'm still investigating on how to
properly fix this issue. Expect a patch soon.

Thanks,
Mani

> Thanks,
> Mani
>
> > At the moment I'm doing all my regression testing with commit
> > 020d3b26c07abe27 reverted. That's a risk, I would prefer to do my
> > testing without any hacks.
> >
> > --
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/
> >
> > https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]