Read from msm_fb

Copied to this list due to earlier bounce.

Hello, how do I read out the data currently on a display?  My device is
a msm-based Android phone, the device nodes are at /dev/graphics/fb{0,1} using
msm_fb. The fb1 device is a "writeback panel" which in my understanding
maintains a readable buffer meant for things like screen capture.

I can't find any information on getting data from the buffer, and was informed
there may be compression getting in the way. I found reference to the flag to
turn it off, but would prefer to make use of it. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]