Re: [GIT PULL] cpuidle/psci updates for v5.6

On Tue 07 Jan 11:28 PST 2020, Ulf Hansson wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 at 18:31, Olof Johansson <olof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 05:08:20PM +0100, Ulf Hansson wrote:
> > > Hi SoC maintainers,
> > >
> > > Here's a PR with updates for v5.6 for cpuidle/psci for ARM/ARM64.
> > >
> > > The changes are somewhat sprinkled over a couple of different directories and
> > > there is also dts update for MSM8916. The main changes are in drivers/cpuidle/,
> > > which have been acked-by Rafael [1] and Sudeep.
> > >
> > > If you have any further questions, please just tell.
> >
> > What was the reason to bring in a dts change in this branch?
>
> Convenience. But I am not usually sending these PR, so feel free to
> tell me to change.

The dts files are typically moving a lot, so to reduce the risk of
conflicts it's generally better if we take them through the qcom tree.

> > Bindings should be
> > stable such that old DT contents still works even if drivers are updated to
> > support newer attributes, etc.
>
> They already are. No worries!
>
> If you want to pick everything else but the DTS patch, that's fine by me.

Generally, yes.

> Do you want me to send a new PR?

But I'm happy with the dts patch and afaict there's nothing that this
will conflict with. So you have my retroactive ack on the patch and
lets stick with the current PR.

Regards,
Bjorn

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]