Re: Relax CPU features sanity checking on heterogeneous architectures

On 11/10/2019 12:50, Mark Rutland wrote:

> Before we make any changes, we need to check whether we do actually
> handle this variation in a safe way, and we need to consider what this
> means w.r.t. late CPU hotplug.
>
> Even if we can handle variation at boot time, once we've determined the
> set of system-wide features we cannot allow those to regress, and I
> believe we'll need new code to enforce that. I don't think it's
> sufficient to mark these as NONSTRICT, though we might do that with
> other changes.
>
> We shouldn't look at the part number at all here. We care about
> variation across CPUs regardless of whether this is big.LITTLE or some
> variation in tie-offs, etc.

See also the "Unexpected variation in SYS_ID_AA64MMFR0_EL1" thread
from a year ago: (that was on msm8998)

	https://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg691242.html

Regards.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]