Re: [v3,4/5] net: phy: at803x: Disable phy delay for RGMII mode

Hi again,

On 12-02-19, 17:01, Vinod Koul wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On 12-02-19, 12:55, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:
> > Vinod,
> >
> > On 21/01/2019 11.13, Vinod Koul wrote:
> > > For RGMII mode, phy delay should be disabled. Add this case along
> > > with disable delay routines.
> >
> > In next-20190211 I need to revert this patch to get cpsw networking to
> > work on am335x-evmsk. The board uses AR8031_AL1A PHY, which is handled
> > by the phy/at803x.c
>
> I see that DTS specifies that you are using phy-mode = "rgmii-txid".
> RGMII mode implies that we should not have any delay in the
> phy, so this patch does the right thing.
>
> In the previous version of the patch I did propose to add a DT entry so
> that current users who are wrongly using this would not be impacted but
> the suggestion was to get them fixed.
>
> So in you case do you need rgmii-txd mode if so why should the delay be
> enabled for this? We can add a patch that enabled delay for your
> controller but that cant be rgmii mode.

Relooking at this again and seeing the mode definitions in
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/ethernet.txt,
I think I have got it wrong.. (thanks to Niklas for discussion)

So in case of rgmii mode delay should be disabled and in case of
rgmii-id/rxid/txid it should be enabled. I will send a patch to address
this shortly, please do test.

Thanks
--
~Vinod

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]