Re: (No Subject)

On Tue, Sep 24, 2024 at 03:54:59PM GMT, John Schulz wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> I do not have a way of testing this patch. I do see your point in that it may be redundant/unnecessary
> since basic/generic drivers should at the very least output a shell interface.
>
> Upon doing more research, I came across the fact that some X1 GPUs have OEM signing that prevent the
> driver from working. I suspect that is what I am running into when I try testing various distros. All
> of them exhibit the same behavior of the display halting during the bootloader handoff and the HDMI
> port does not output anything. Even the Debian 12 image from Linaro exhibits the same issue.

Ok. So you have a device with X1P, which you don't seem to be able to
get to work? Could you please try doing the following:

- you might need to modify the GPU DT node to use a different ID there.
  If your guess is right, you might need to specify qcom,adreno-4310c31f
  (this is from your patch)

- you need to define a corresponding entry in a7xx_gpus[]. Try using
  X1-85 as an inspiration.

- only with that in place the x1xx family makes sense.

Also it would be nice if you describe your issue. What exactly do you
observe and what doesn't seem to work?

--
With best wishes
Dmitry

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]