Re: [GIT PULL] power sequencing updates for v6.11-rc1

On Fri, 12 Jul 2024 at 02:13, Bartosz Golaszewski <brgl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This PR contains the core power sequencing framework, the first driver, PCI
> changes using the pwrseq library (blessed by Bjorn Helgaas) and some fixes
> that came later.

Hmm. Let's see how this all works out, but I already found an annoyance.

It first asks me about the new PCI power sequencing driver.

And then it asks me separately if I want the power sequencing support.

Now, either this should

 (a) not ask about the generic power sequencing support at all, and
just select if if a driver that is enabled needs it

OR

 (b) it should ask about power sequencing support and then if you say
"N", it should not ask about the drivers.

But asking *twice* is definitely not kosher.

            Linus

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]