Re: [RFC 3/7] firmware: arm_scmi: Add QCOM vendor protocol

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 11:04:54PM +0530, Sibi Sankar wrote:
> From: Shivnandan Kumar <quic_kshivnan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> SCMI QCOM vendor protocol provides interface to communicate with SCMI
> controller and enable vendor specific features like bus scaling capable
> of running on it.

I would expect a proper description of the protocol specification
either as part of the header file qcom_scmi_vendor.h or somewhere
in the Documentation. It helps to understand the design instead of
assuming and/or getting confused with the assumption while reviewing.
I will point out at couple of individual place why I am asking for this.

You can follow some pattern to describe the command using SCMI spec as
reference. That will act as a contract for the software instead of changing
the implementation every time someone thinks it should work in certain
way. I have seen that quite a lot with the Qcom firmware lately with zero
transparency provided for these firmware by Qcom. In short I don't trust
just code to understand these vendor protocols. I need them to be documented
and version where needed so that we can refer back and make maintenance
smooth and easy.

--
Regards,
Sudeep

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]