Re: Disconnect interrupt generation for QC targets when role switch is enabled

On Wed, Aug 30, 2023 at 09:57:46AM +0530, Krishna Kurapati PSSNV wrote:

> On 8/28/2023 10:50 PM, Bjorn Andersson wrote:
> > >
> > > I had some idea on how to get the role notification reach qcom glue driver
> > > but wanted your opinion on whether they can be used or not:
> > >
> > > 1. Register a vendor_hook from glue driver and invoke that during
> > > __dwc3_set_mode.
> > >
> > > 2. Let the role notification reach dwc3-qcom first and then let qcom driver
> > > invoke role_set of drd. Something similar to what was implemented by Wesley
> > > on [1].
> > >
> > > But both the options require dwc3_probe to be done in sync with
> > > of_platform_populate or we need to defer qcom probe if dwc3_probe is
> > > deferred. Since we are leaning towards async probe, not sure if the above
> > > two options would be proper.

> > As mentioned, this need has been identified a few times by now, so
> > nothing strange in your request/proposal.
> >
> > But so far no one has come up with a good way to register glue code
> > callbacks with the core; we can't pass arbitrary data (such as a
> > function pointer to such callback), and we don't know when the core is
> > registered, so we can't call a register operation when that happens.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bjorn
> >
> > > [1]: https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-usb/patch/20201009082843.28503-4-wcheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> > > [2]: https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-usb/cover/20230325165217.31069-1-manivannan.sadhasivam@xxxxxxxxxx/
> > >

> Hi Bjorn,
>
>  How about we use Component framework to let the glue layer know that the
> child probe is complete. That way we don't need to defer QCOM probe and in
> the bind call back coming to master (in this case, the glue layer), we can
> register the vendor hook or role switch we need and we can pass the role
> notifications from core to glue as needed.

Would device_driver::sync_state() help here? The qcom glue driver
creates a DL_FLAG_SYNC_STATE_ONLY device link with dwc3 core. If it
works, we can avoid component framework related changes in dwc3 core.

Thanks,
Pavan

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]