Guidance on removing the clock entries from IPQ9574 / IPQ5332 GCC driver

Hi Bjorn, Konard, Stephen Boyd, all,

For IPQ5332 and IPQ9574 platforms, we wanted to remove some of the clocks, namely the WCSS, Q6 and MEM_NOC clocks due to the recent changes in the design. I just wanted to know how to proceed with dropping these clocks from the driver and binding.

Is it okay to just drop the clock entries from the driver and leave the binding untouched to keep the ABI compatibility or should I remove the entries from both driver and binding, so that no other drivers will not include those clocks by mistake?

Request your guidance on the same.

Thanks,

Kathiravan T.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]