Re: [RFC 1/7] thermal: qcom: tsens: Add a skeletal tsens drivers

Hi Kevin,

I was trying this series on linux-next with Srini's eeprom v4 and my
first attempt was to build the eeprom, qfprom and tsens drivers as
built-in.  Unfortunately, the tsens driver probed before the
eeprom/qfprom driver so failed here with the "calibration failed"
message.

Building things as modules worked better, but you might want to take a
look at possibly using -EPROBE_DEFER here?

The driver does return -EPROBE_DEFER in case the calibration fails
when tsens is probed before qfprom. It does however also show the
error message "calibration failed" which is a little misleading and
needs fixing. What target were you trying this on? I will give it a
try again to make sure things work.

regards,
Rajendra