Re: Increasing the maximum message size

Quoting Konrad Dybcio (2022-07-23 04:44:32)
> Hi,
>
> when sending new clock drivers for Qualcomm SoCs I've been repeatedly
> getting a bounce with a reason of "too long (>100000 characters)". The
> drivers are pretty big for one email, for example gcc-sc8280xp.c has
> 201071 chars, but it only makes sense to add them big-as-they-are,
> because there are simply so many clocks, each of which needs to be
> defined as a struct with its properties set correctly.

Maybe it's time to collapse the structs into macro definitions.
Probably a decade ago I expanded the macros that we had because we kept
modifying the struct members while settling on something that described
the clks. Now it doesn't seem very useful to do that because the structs
almost never change. Certainly the struct members aren't changing
rapidly. I'd start with a macro for branches, rcgs, and plls and see how
small it can become. Hopefully there aren't many parameters to the macro
so that it is still somewhat readable.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Sparc]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]