Re: Not able to set RTC with qpnp-rtc driver

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I have DT property qpnp-rtc-write set to 1 in my local kernel
sources. I have set it because I need write access to the clock.

I am aware that Android on Nexus 5 uses time_daemon utility to manage
time. I am trying to port Sailfish OS on Nexus 5 which uses a
different utility called dsme to manage time.

The ioctl call is coming from this code :

https://github.com/nemomobile/dsme/blob/4f8d29664c1b7180b45066c3ac5b3ad50eb91977/modules/iphb.c#L922

and I want this call to be successful. Even if I have qpnp-rtc-write
set to 1 I get a transaction denied message in kernel logs while
setting time. I want to know what is causing this call to fail and how
to avoid it ?

--
Regards,
Siteshwar