Hang in pas_auth_and_reset()

Guys:

I'm using the DB8060A, and a modified kernel based on
APQ8060A_M8960AAAAANLYA1519249_V_12.  The modifications are bug fixes
that I think are unrelated to the problem at hand.  I'm also using a
non-Android filesystem that's loosely based on Debian armel, plus
firmware files and kernel modules from the Intrinsyc BSP v1.2
filesystem.

In a nutshell, when I tell the PIL to load the wcnss firmware via
pil_get() in wcnss_trigger_config(), I get as far as the return from
scm_call() in pas_auth_and_reset(), and then the platform literally
freezes a few instructions later.

I'm wondering if I have inadvertently lost a necessary image, or
something peculiar and related to firmware/power in the startup
sequence for Android isn't being replicated in my own setup.

Anyone have any ideas on where I should continue investigating?

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx