Re: KGSL

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 9:47 PM, David Brown <davidb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:58:47PM +0530, Shantanu Gupta wrote:
>
>> I'm currently working on android(4.0.4) for a 8x50 board (i know it's
>> old but I'm doing it for hobby). The kernel is working all fine so i
>> thought I'd update to the latest stuff from caf, (msm-3.0 branch)
>> Everything is working as excepted except for adreno android libs, with
>> the newer kgsl i get the following errors in logcat (Using the armv7
>> adreno a2xx libs from developer.qualcomm.com)
>
> I'm just guessing here, but I'm going to venture that the adreno libs
> are probably tied to a specific kernel version.  You might just try
> comparing the kernel kgsl driver between the kernel that works and the
> newer one that doesn't.
>
> I don't believe the msm-3.0 kernel has been commonly used with the
> 8x50, so if anything, it probably doesn't get testing.
>
> David

yeah, i am aware of 8x50 no longer being supported (or tested for) in
the latest branches,

I tried this since the same adreno libs worked with both kgsl 3.7 and
3.8 perfectly. From what i can say, there could be a few headers being
imported into userspace library and those getting changed in the newer
kernel driver is breaking it up. Well there's no problem on the kernel
side, device registers perfectly and probe goes well, also this kernel
i'm working on is branched from the already working kernel and
everything works fine when reverting to the previous adreno code.

Are these libraries (compiled or source) available to hobbyists,
developers on demand or under an agreement ?