Re: Terms of MSM/QSD in QAEP

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:21:51PM +0800, Samuel Omlin wrote:
> Hi CodeAurora,
>
> While going through the whole source code by the GitWeb interface
> (https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/), there are so many very
> obscure terms of MSM/QSD chipset in QAEP (MSM/QSD Android Enablement
> Project) making people stuck out there, who are trying being aware of
> exactly what they indicate like me, as below.
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7625_ffa.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7625_surf.git
>
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627_6x.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627_7x_ffa.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627_7x_surf.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627_ffa.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627_surf.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627a.git
>
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7630_1x_surf.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7630_ffa.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7630_fusion.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm7630_surf.git
>
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm8660_csfb.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm8660_surf.git
>
> platform/vendor/qcom/msm8960.git
>
> platform/vendor/qcom/qsd8250_ffa.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/qsd8250_surf.git
> platform/vendor/qcom/qsd8650a_st1x.git
>
> Therefore, here are couple of questions come up with:
> 1> What do FFA, SURF and Fusion for MSM/QSD stand for, individually?

The simple answer is that MSM/QSD are the names of the Qualcomm SoC,
such as MSM8660.  There was one family that used the QSD prefix
(8250/8660), but these are otherwise just part of the family.

Terms such as FFA, SURF, and Fusion are names of particular boards
that use these chips.  These are generally dev boards, and
unfortunately, most are not readily available.  The SURF is usually a
larger dev-board, whereas the other targets are usually a smaller form
factor.

David