linux/arch micronference @ plumbers 2022

Hi all,

I'd like to re-start arch microconference at Linux Plumbers [1] this year.

Here's my draft of the proposal, feedback would be appreciated.

I only CC'ed the linux-arch list to avoid overly long distribution list.
Feel free to add particular people.

[1] https://lpc.events

linux/arch microconference
==========================

Historically, the code in arch/ was developed for one architecure and then
copied and adjusted by others. This created a lot of duplicated or almost
duplicated code with subtle differences which prevents easy refactoring and
consolidation.

The linux/arch microconference aims to bring architecutre maintaners in one
room to discuss how the code in arch/ can be improved, consolidated and
generalized, at least where it makes sense.

The discussion at the previous linux/arch microconfernece in 2020 lead to
updates in RISC-V kprobes implementation [1], removal of DISCOTIGMEM memory
model [2] and enablement of generic entry on s390 [3].

[1] https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/c22b0bcb1dd0
[2] https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/bb1c50d3967f
[3] https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/56e62a737028

The possible topics could be:

- reducing code duplication and generalizing the common code in arch/
- making headers in include/asm consistent
- on-boarding more architecures to use common entry code
- devicetree (unless they have their own microconf)
- identifying old machine support that may be either still in
  active use vs only in hobbyinst/retrocomputing vs completely
  obsolete and broken

MC Leads (tentative):
Mike Rapoport <rppt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx>