Re: RFC: Adding arch-specific user ABI documentation in linux-man

On Tue, May 05, 2020 at 11:44:55AM +0100, Will Deacon wrote:
> Michael has been nagging me on and off about that for, what, 10 years now?
> I would therefore be very much in favour of having our ptrace extensions
> documented!
>
> We could even put this stuff under Documentation/arm64/man/ if it's deemed
> too CPU-specific for the man-pages project, but my preference would still
> be for it to be hosted there alongside all the other man pages.

Stuffing random things into the kernel tree is painful for some people.

For example, if you cross-build your kernel, then the stuff in the
tools/ subdirectory is totally useless (I think everything except
perf) because you can't build it.

Let's stop making the mistake of constantly shoving stuff into the
kernel source tree.

FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 10.2Mbps down 587kbps up