Re: kill <asm/segment.h> and improve nommu generic uaccess helpers

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 6:38 PM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Arnd,
>
> this is a series doing two somewhat interwinded things.  It improves
> the asm-generic nommu uaccess helper to optionally be entirely generic
> and not require any arch helpers for the actual uaccess.  For the
> generic uaccess.h to actually be generically useful I also had to kill
> off the mess we made of <asm/segment.h>, which really shouldn't exist
> on most architectures.

This looks really nice, so

Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx>

Should I pick this up into my asm-generic tree, or do you have another tree
that this fits into? I might be on vacation during the entire merge window
this time and don't have anything else for asm-generic, so I'd prefer if someone
else could merge them.

I've also added the patches to my randconfig build tree (building x86, arm
and arm64 randconfigs at the moment). I expect it to be fine, but I'll let
you know if something breaks.

        Arnd