Re: multiple drivers, single device (was Re: Announce: Linux-next (Or Andrew's dream :-)))

Greg KH wrote:
The work I'm doing here is for stupid PCI firmware engineers, who have
created devices that are different things, all bound up under the same
PCI device.  I'm thinking of watchdog timers and random number
generator and i2c controller on the same PCI device, or even the more
basic, frame buffer and DRM access to the same PCI video device.

Yes, that has a known solution: have your driver register i2c, rng, watchdog, etc. functions.

Works just fine inside today's infrastructure, no changes needed.

	Jeff

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-arch" in