Re: copy on write for splice() from file to pipe?

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 10:01:27AM -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

> There's a difference between "kernel speaks TCP (or whatever)
> correctly" and "kernel does what the application needs it to do".

Sure I get where you are coming from.  It's just that the other
participants in the discussion were thinking of stability for the
sake of TCP (or TLS or some other protocol the kernel implements)
and that simply is a non-issue.

Having a better way to communicate completion to the user would be
nice.  The only way to do it right now seems to be polling with
SIOCOUTQ.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>