Re: Arches that don't support PREEMPT

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> Von: "anton ivanov" <anton.ivanov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> It's been a while. I remember that I dropped it at the time, but do not remember
> the full details.
>
> There was some stuff related to FP state and a few other issues I ran into while
> rewriting the interrupt controller. Some of it may be resolved by now as we are
> using host cpu flags, etc.

I remember also having a hacky but working version almost 10 years ago.
It was horrible slow because of the extra scheduler rounds.
But yes, if PREEMPT will be a must-have feature we'll have to try again.

Thanks,
//richard

[Index of Archives]     [Netdev]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]