Re: Alpha hardware for printk tests?

On 2020-05-12, John Ogness <john.ogness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have posted[0] a new lockless printk ringbuffer implementation. The
> ringbuffer has been tested heavily on x86_64 and arm64 SMP
> systems. However, I would also like to test it on an SMP Alpha
> system. Since the main purpose of the test is to verify the memory
> barriers, the tests need to run on real hardware.
>
> The new ringbuffer (with test routine) can also be built as a kernel
> module and does not require any kernel patching. It should work on any
> Linux kernel 4.20 or higher.
>
> Is there anyone with access to SMP Alpha hardware that would be
> willing to run the tests for me? Or can someone tell me where I might
> find such a candidate? Thanks!

A problem leading to data corruption in the ringbuffer messages has been
identified and fixed. A new version of the test module is available:

https://linux:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/customers/printk/prb-test.tar.gz

The README in the tarball explains how to build/run the test and what
information to send back after the test.

This test module should build/run without any kernel patching or
rebooting. Even if it is only allowed to run on your SMP-Alpha for an
hour, that would be very helpful for me.

Thanks,
John Ogness

[Index of Archives]     [Netdev]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]