Re: Fwd: [Bug libc/10339] Terminal interface: non-standard baudrates are not handled properly on Linux-systems

On Sun, Oct 07, 2018 at 10:05:50AM +0200, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Oct 2018, hpa@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Alpha is a historic architecture at this point -- the last Alpha chip was the
> > EV7z which was released 14 years ago.  I am wondering to what extent anyone
> > cares enough to worry about support for new glibc on old Alpha kernels at this
> > point; I kind of suspect the number of Alpha Linux users can be counted on two
> > hand's fingers.
>
> I'm the arch team lead for Alpha on Gentoo (team lead is sounding
> more grandiose than it is, my team is me and Matt Turner). Gentoo
> Linux is the last major distribution that still offers current
> alpha support, after Debian stopping to do so a few years back.

To correct that: while there is no official Debian release of Debian
Alpha since Lenny, Debian Alpha is nevertheless kept up to date in the
unofficial Debian Ports project.  Debian popcon currently shows seven
Alpha users.

I suspect most (if not all) Debian Ports users are running a reasonably
up-to-date kernel, thus wouldn't be worried if the next glibc release
didn't support older kernels.

Cheers
Michael.

[Index of Archives]     [Netdev]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]