Re: Need help fixing DRM locking on Alpha

On 11/02/2009, at 12:18 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
Your code fixes the problem. Thanks!

Nice work guys. DRM on alpha has been broken for quite a while. Be nice to see it going again!

I see the patch for pci resource files on sysfs has appeared. Just compiled the latest kernel (...29-rc4) with the patch and I have resource files on my ev56 system. I am not able to install xserver 1.5 yet - the Debian experimental branch which contains the latest xserver has broken dependencies for Alpha (and I don't have time to do a build of the xserver myself).

But I did discover that the rhd_dump program from the radeonhd project, which used to dump zeroes only, now dumps what looks like useful information from my radeon hd2400 graphics card. (The card still doesn't POST properly but that's probably an issue of upgrading the xserver - I seem to remember seeing a number of POST issues in changelogs at some point.)

Cheers
Michael.