Re: Policy routing problem

On 23/10/2012 12:05, Christoph Pleger wrote:
Hello,

I am running a DHCP-Server that serves multiple subnets. The server has
an IP address in all of these subnets, and its primary IP address in a
subnet that is not served by DHCP. Every IP address has its own VLAN
Ethernet interface, eth0.102, eth0.104, etc. In this setup, the DHCP
server often does not send its unicast replies on the interface where it
received the corresponding request, but on the interface of its primary
IP address, and with that IP. My first thought how to change this was by
setting routes depending on destination addresses, but this would cause
big problems with other services running on the same machine, so I tried
to combine iproute2 and iptables, like this:

If there any particular reason why you have the DHCP server on the same subnet as your DHCP clients?

I know I'm not answering your questions, but I wouldn't set it up that way in the first place on my own environments.

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd