Re: Preventing SSH timeouts . Some clarification needed

query <query.cdac@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>  We are seeing some dropped SSH connections because of which some of
> the process are failing . The main likely reason for the connection
> drops is that both the client and server remains 100% busy during
> a certain time interval and during that time interval we see those
> occassional connection closed by the server.

Are you sure it's not because of some NATing which may have a shorter
timeout then the one used by SSH's keep alive?

> Let's take a situation where the SSH client is 100% busy or idle and
> it had communicated to the server for around 300 seconds , then in
> this case if the above option is there , the server should send a
> message to the client after 300 secs.  [...]

300 seconds is a very long time.  I consider it unlikely that a process
that was idle for 300 seconds wouldn't quickly get a few CPU cycles just
to send a simple packet.  I find it possible only when you use
non-standard schedule policies.

Hope it helps even that I haven't answered your original question.

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
 .o. | Liege of Serenly Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o