Re: Expanding an LVM

Dermot Paikkos wrote:
> Hi,

I mean the new space on the existing RAID drive. If you used the RAID
tools to expand the existing array onto the same logical drive as
before, then from linux's point of view the underlying disk just "got
bigger", and it may require a reboot or the scsi scan i mentioned to get
linux to notice.
If you made a new logical drive, then it will appear as a new disk (in
linux). This too will require either a reboot or the scsi scan.
Either way, you then have to use fdisk to make a partition on the new
space and then pvcreate etc.