Re: wrong default route

Oops sorry Striker, this list has been quiet for so long I forgot my manners. Anyway my answer was:

"Hi Jake and welcome to the list. You only need one default gateway. I don't know why some distros do it like this and seem to encourage you to enter a gateway for each interface; my suggestion is to leave the GATEWAY entry blank for all entries except the actual one.

Yuri"

Striker wrote:
Quoting Jake Ravenwood <jakeravenwood@xxxxxxxxx>: Jake Ravenwood once said:

thanks for the answers. can you confirm that the should be default route eth1 was overwritten by eth5 gateway?

Would those who have answered Jake, PLEASE respond to the list also,
for the benefit of all list members?

Thanks

Yuri Csapo
Academic Computing & Networking
Colorado School of Mines
CT-256
Phone:  (303) 273-3503
Fax:      (303) 273-3475
Email:   ycsapo@xxxxxxxxx

Please use the following link to open a service request:
http://helpdesk.mines.edu
With a PC, I always felt limited
by the software available.
On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge.
--Peter J. Schoenster