Re: console screen display problem

Dermot Paikkos wrote:
I have installed CentOS on an old Toshiba laptop but the console is not using all the available screen. There is a black border all the way round the console or X screen. How do you configure the console size? I did some tests with resizecon but that just changes the character spacing it did nothing to the display window.

That option may only be available in your BIOS settings. On my old HP laptop the option is called "Video Expansion", and when it is enabled it stretches lower resolutions to fit the whole screen.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Adam