Re: Remaster distribution (CentOS 5.1)

Mário Gamito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If i install CentOS 5.1 and then install some extra software, how can I
> rebuild a bootable ISO version of the modified installation so that when
> it boots it just deploys the installation without any questions ?

There is a utility from Fedora called Revisor that "enables you to
customize and compose your own Fedora based installation and live
media."  I can't find any mention of CentOS support on the site, but
this post:

  http://readlist.com/lists/centos.org/centos/4/22589.html

claims that it does, and the two distros are very closely related.

Another option might be to use a kickstart script to automate the
install and use the %post section to install other rpms that you want.
There is a HOWTO here:

  http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/KickStart-HOWTO.html

Cheers

Adam