Re: NFS server

Hi,

Benoit Rouits wrote:
> Le jeudi 06 septembre 2007 à 12:00 -0400, Kirkwood, David A. a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to get a Red Hat enterprise linux 4.4 to server out home directories via NFS. As a test I have disabled the firewall and put SELINUX in permissive mode. I'm attempting to mount it to a Solaris 8 system. I have the export line set as /opt *(sync,rw). I see the exports with showmount -e as I should. I watch the messages file via tail -f and I see the other system authenticated by mount, but the directory never mounts. The Solaris system mounts other unix systems fine, as well as a RH 7.3 system, so I don't think it is the problem. I tried to mount the file system of the host under the host itself. No dice. Does anyone have another suggestion of something I have forgotten? I verified that rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd are both running on the server side.

You will need to add the following entries to your /etc/hosts.allow file:

portmap: hosts
lockd: hosts
mountd: hosts
rquotad: hosts
statd: hosts

where hosts are your NFS clients (see man hosts_access).  Earlier
versions of RedHat did not include tcpwrappers so extensively.

Cheers

Adam

--
This e-mail (and any attachments) is private and confidential. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it

except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Connect
Internet Solutions Ltd. This e-mail and any attachments are believed to be
virus free but it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that they are.

Connect Internet Solutions Ltd
(A company registered in England No: 04424350)
Registered Office: Faraday House, Liverpool Digital, Edge Lane,
Liverpool, L7 9NJ
Telephone: +44 (0) 151 282 4321
Fax: +44 (0) 151 282 4322
VAT registration number: 758 2838 85